Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sam Jayne and The Simpson Soundsystem

A friend of mine sent me a bunch of songs from artists I didn't know to save me from my music writing block. I've been in a music rut of Techno and Girl Talk. The song that caught most of my attention was "Darker Still" by Sam Jayn And The Simpson Soundsystem. So after a few satisfactory listens, I checked them out on the broad cyberspace to find –essentially– nothing. Not a myspace page, not a website, just several sites offering a track up for download. 
Nice! That's about as hidden as I love my music. Since I can't tell you anything about the band, because even my itunes won't give me substantial stuff to work on, I'll tell you a bit about what I know. It has some Moby-esque elements of electro, but really, it's not. No, this track is a bonifide, hit-you-in-the-face-cause-you've-likely-never-heard-this-before smooth indie track. Almost like a Pink Floyd record without the experiment. Can't wait til I get some more info about these dudes

No comments: