Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Side Kick - Deep Fear


Within the dark walls of the Antwerp minimal techno/house scenes, the most enticing beats usually resonate off the steaming bodies of ravers and the still-legal smoke of the crowd. Now that I don't permanently live there anymore, I usually take a pen to the spot and end up writing the absurd lyrics all over my hands and google the tracks the next day. Unfortunately, the best tracks are often stripped of their meaningless words and titillate you to a sonic climax. This was the case of Side Kick (productions)'s Deep Fear. The Italian DJ trio, hailing from mob-central Naples, is a noob in the house scene. Their underdeveloped MySpace page -showing that they have only been active since 2008- delights me. I was wondering why I hadn't heard of them before. The fact that they are so new to the scene and yet this track has already reached the greater northern Europe is quite an accomplishment. These guys are mixing geniuses, and I'll be following their moves for a while from their first album drop to the announcement of a tour. Rock on, ragazzi!

No comments: