Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mr. Oizo and Boys Noize @ Ritter Butzke

Last night was fucking ill. Mr. Oizo got me off big time. I still think he was highlight of the show. Maybe it’s because I didn’t expect the “Flat Eric” guy to rip such nasty beats. Or maybe it was Ritter Butzke, packed with electroheads dripping sweat on every inch of their pulsating bodies. Whatever it was Mr. Oizo and Boys Noize made me dance till the lights came out on the pure thrill of sounds (I had one drink at 11pm, I wasn’t even remotely tipsy!). The fact that BN didn’t bust out “Nott” was a fair disappointment. I thought he was keeping it for the end, so around 5am I got up on the speaker on standby for MY FUCKING TRACK. Shit was so unsafe considering I fainted in a Bikhram Yoga class due to the heat. So I’m up on my elevated position, on the edge of a 4-feet-tall box of bass, and I busting out until the end of his set. And I’m witnessing the biggest insanity ever. I mean I was up in Panaroma Bar at Berghain so the shit there was still on a tame level for Berlin. I was NOT tame last night. The place was packed until behind the DJ where people were fucking to his remixed rendition of “trooper.” The fornicators where in every corner. In the middle of the room, a small group of people seemed to have made themselves a bit more place than everyone else and were shaking the sweat off of their heads with every head-bang.

No comments: