Monday, October 26, 2009

Deadmau5 ❤s Techno



Here we go again, a year (almost) after the last gig. Deadmau5 is one of the big boys now. So much has happened for him. He already has a second album out which, as most of you know already, is sick! And even though I heard each of the tracks in 3 different kind of remixes, all barely changing the nature of the song. That's not exactly how things went down Saturday. First off, except for "The Reward Is Cheese" he didn't play any of his old number. He might have played "Sometimes things get, whatever" but I wasn't too sure. After a 10 minute intro to his set, he looped in "FML" after which most of the girls in the mosh pit (including myself) had to join in with the boys and take our Goddamn shirts off. From the new record, he displayed Ghosts and Stuff, Moar Ghosts and Stuff and Bot which also unleashed an army of jumping fans. Thanks to the Winter time change, we actually got a 2h30 set by Deadmau5. I don't think anyone would have minded seeing him for an extra one. After almost 8 hours of straight dancing (No seats in any of the rooms but the Chill Out lounge, which was already overcrowded by sleeping potheads), I thought I would be dead by the time the mau5 came around. WRONG. I was camping up my whole left leg but I did it 'till the end. Just as it should be!

No comments: