Monday, October 5, 2009

Infected Mushroom @ Term 5 (NYC)

After my backpacking trip, I came back to NYC for a week. Needed to pack my things before I crossed over to Europe again. I don't know when I'll be back in NYC (to live, I'll prolly be back next year to git git git it on!) because I realized something about myself in the last year in New York. I'm a European at heart. And you can take a European out of a Europe, but you can't take Europe out of the European's heart! And the best techno/electro parties are all going down in Europe. But more of this in my later blogs (live from Europe!) and more about INFECTED MUSHROOM. Well, as you can expect it from the kings of techno, they brought it. Unfortunately, they only rocked the vibe for 90 minutes. At $40 a ticket, I thought it was downright propaganda to put Infected Mushroom on the ticket stub and have 2 djs open up before them and 1 closing in after 'em. I downloaded their new CD but didn't really get a chance to listen to it before the gig. That's why, when I heard Sa'eed, I thought my head was going to burst. This is potentially the sickest beat they brought to the scene yet. I'm still making up my mind because it's a brand new track and I can't really see if it stands the test of time like cities of the future or deeply disturbed, but the whole crowd seemed to be agreeing. The Legend of the Black Shawarma's title track (yes, sadly, this is the name of the album and of pretty good song!) is an elating number. They played it near the end, to prevent all the rave heads to dehydrate/overheat (note: this was all of us!!) they demo'ed End of the Road from the album which is another GREAT track. Then there were Killing Time and Smashing The Opponents which, based on the reaction of the crowd, I doubt will remain in the set list very long. The usual suspects (Deeply Disturbed, Cities of the Future, Deeply Disturbed...) brought in the necessary vibe for everyone in the room to be vibing together. On top of the lightshow, some sick glowstickers with the lastest lights were bugging the acid heads out. Both the lights and the acid head freak outs were worth the look!

No comments: