Monday, October 26, 2009

I LOVE TECHNO (Ghent, BE)



3 days after I landed, I got my ticket for I ❤ Techno. Though I was born and raised in Belgium, this year's edition of ILT was a first for me. My first thought when I entered the Flanders Expo (bigger than a stadium) with 5 separate rooms each twice the size of Terminal 5 was "This is the party I've been waiting for." The place was also equipped with two large official bars, three red bull bars, two Eristoff bars, 2 free water stations opening after 10 (it's a techno party...) and, yes, a Red Cross booth. This year's I love Techno was a special edition. Saturday 24th of October was the day we here in Europe changed our clocks to winter time. So while all the non-ILTers were jubilating about one more hour of sleep, me and my 35.000 close friends were partying for one more hour. The festival was thus truly 13 hours long. The DJ's I saw were all amazing except Surkin (wtf?) so make sure to check out the Partyharders Squad (from BELGIUM), The Proxy, Laurent Garnier, Adam Beyer, and Chris Liebing if you haven't already (the two last ones are big names, so most you should know 'em). The name of any particular songs, I wouldn't be able to tell you. Why? Because most the mixologists were freestyling that night even Deadmau5 was going off like a madman (later post coming especially dedicated to the man and his mouse). The whole thing was nuts. ILT needs a new word to accurately describe its own shit-show!

You know it's a party when people leave the place in a stretcher!

No comments: