Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sure Thing! Surkin is on my Saturday night playlist!

I know I'm a bad sport. I hate to admit it when French DJ's are awesome. Now I am presenting Surkin, a small French prodigy, despite my reservations. See the thing is... I love France. I love their music, I love their movies, I love their culture, I even love their super-strict education system which I was a prisoner of for 15 years. But they get on my NERVES when they try to use my open-mindedness about the world's greatest dj's against Belgium's ability to throw the sickest raves on the planet! But, if I'm going to let them gloat, I may as well use this dude, who was man enough to produce this sick remix of boys noise's "Don't Believe The Hype." Naturally, he has created equally, if not superior mixes of his own, like the uber vibing White Knight Two. Though I hated David Guetta's track "Sexy Bitch" for marking his demise into pop music, Surkin's Hoes Get Down proves that you can put the word "Ho" in the title of the track, and repeated it throughout the number and NOT turn it into techno from the ghetto. "Gangsta's" and "Homies" have hip-hop and rap. Leave the electro to the European kids!

No comments: